Sunday, October 2, 2011

Week 5


Cindy Sherman

This photo was taken by Cindy Sherman and it is titled Untitled #250.
I like this photography because of the bizarreness of it.  And I like how are uses the mannequins as well. I think it just is different.  But I like it because of the  composition of the figure and the poster of it as well.  And the eyes of this figure seems lie ti is staring right at you and it is sort of scarryish.  Like it is starting you down.    


 web site:  Untitled250.jpg




Bruce Davidson





This photograph is by Bruce Davidson and and this sort of reminds me of a photo i took back in high school.  The photo I took back in high school.  I love the composition of the person where he was placed is very nice. I like that he doesn't take over the frame and i like that you can see the background.  The background is very interesting with this hazy sky and the circus tent.  I think that it makes the photo and helps the viewer to see that this might not of been staged that it was a decisive moment.












site:  http://www.magnumphotos.com/C.aspx?VP3=ViewBox_VPage&VBID=2K1HZSKA1WFE&IT=ZoomImage01_VForm&IID=2S5RYDWD5MJR&PN=4&CT=Album




Todd Hido






This Photograph is numbered 2312a and it is by Todd Hido.  I like the light that is being show in the sky.  I love the shadows as well. I think these two features of this photo gives it a creepy feeling.  I like the coolness of the photo as well.  I think i adds something else to the photo and it contrasts with the warm colors of the leaves on the tree.  normally Todd likes to have a light on in the house when he photographs but this one he doesn't which is odd.  



Site:  http://www.ahornmagazine.com/issue_6/interview_hido/interview_hido.html

No comments:

Post a Comment