Sunday, September 25, 2011

Week 4

William Eggleston


This photograph was taken by William Eggleston.  It is a very simple photograph and it is beautiful.  People say that he is the invited or created color photography, but he wasn't.  He was just on of the first people that used it and was able to make these wonderful photos with it.  The perspective of this photo is wonderful.  I like how it is  dominates the photo and i also enjoy the depth of field.  I think it is an interesting photograph and a wonderful picture.



http://www.egglestontrust.com/



Jerry Uelsmann




This is one of Jerry Uelsmann's earlier works.  I like this because of how the reflection of the top is in its negative form.  I think that is amazing.  That really captures my eye and i love how there are shadows of people or the children are white.  I think it gives it a creepy quality and i like the tonal range of this print as well.  This photo really keeps my attention and i think it was executed very well, especially since it was one of his newer works.  And on top of it all he did all of this in the darkroom.  That is extremely impressive.  This photo is called Small Woods Where I Meet Myself.


uelsmann_small_woods.jpg




Alec Soth




This photo comes from a project that Alec calls The Last Days of W.  I am drawn to this photo. I like the expressions on the women's faces because they are both different.  And by being different it makes you thing.  Is the viewer intruding on a moment that they were having or is that how they feel right at that second.  Also By having their legs somewhat crossing makes me think.... Are these two gay? are they lesbians? or are they prostitutes.  I also like how the color is portrayed in the photo as well.


http://alecsoth.com/photography/projects/the-last-days-of-w/

No comments:

Post a Comment